A work of art can make the everyday extraordinary. During the COVID-19 global outbreak, art outreach and experience, like almost everything else, must be adapted to new venues distinct from the physical galleries and museums we are accustomed to. During this evolution, we at ONE Gallery are committed, within our power, to transforming this crisis from a time of isolation and fear into a time of hope and connectedness. It may be that by befriending our solitudes we can foster creative, positive artistic responses to our unique situations.
We invite artists around the world to share their challenges, experiences and feelings about this crisis, including but not limited to the following topics: social distancing, lockdowns, personal hygiene, quarantines, myth busting, work from home, isolation, fear, bias, public discussion. Our aim is simply to collect and share diverse artistic reactions about this difficult challenge we are facing, in the hope that art might fulfill its purpose: to connect.
Selection of artists will be decided by the CNAA Exhibition Committee
- Art Works is open to all artists around the world, 18 years or older.
- All media are accepted, including performance and time-based practices.
Conditions of Acceptance:
- An Entry fee of CAD$60 is required.
- If selected, a hosting fee of CAD$100 will be required.
- Depending on how long the COVID crisis continues, future installments of the exhibition may also be released (following a new call for entries).
- One Art Gallery and CNAA staff is responsible for the design and layout of the exhibition web pages.
- Exhibition will be presented on the One Art Gallery (oneart.ca).
- One Art Gallery and CNAA will market the exhibition as if it were an exhibition within its physical gallery spaces as staff will feature different artists at various times via social media.
- One Art Gallery and CNAA might host a reception for the exhibition at a date TBD, whenever it seems safe to schedule a large gathering again.
- One Art Gallery will direct any sale inquiries directly to the artist without taking a percentage of sales.
Accepted artists will need to provide the following materials, due no later than May 20.
- Up to 5 images of your work at 300 ppi ; Link to your video if applicable
- Info for each artwork (title, year, media, dimensions)
Not Required, but Additional Preferred Materials:
- Artist statement (300 words or less)
- 1–5 images of the space where you are currently working
- Your website address (if you have one).
- May 20, 11:59 p.m. EST: Deadline for entry
- May 21–May 27: Jurying of entries
- May 29, 5:00 p.m. EST (no later than): E-mailed notification sent
- June 16: Exhibition opens
- TBD, 5:00–8:00 p.m. EST: Artists reception
- December 27: Exhibition closes
*The entry fee is required for the jury review and selecting.
**The hosting fee is required for marketing and administration.